The families and children in the Triangle area need your help. Every year the Salvation Army gets request for thousands of bikes so we still fall far short of providing every child their #1 gift request - a shiny new bike! You though can help us exceed our goals and here are some ideas how.
Here are some different fundraising ideas:
- Instead of Christmas or Birthday gifts ask your friends and family to donate a bike to a less fortunate child. You can request that a follow up card be sent out by TSG or we can send the cards to you for you to send out to let your families and friends know your good intentions.
- Have your company or organization conduct a bake sale, car wash, golf outing, road race or bike race with proceeds going towards donating bikes.
- Ask for a $1 donation to participate in a casual dress day at the office.
- Host a garage sale with the proceeds going to TSG.
- Keep a change jar in the house and as it gets full, take it in, roll it up and donate the money to TSG.
- Have a potluck lunch where employees could pay $5 per plate, with the proceeds going to the bike fund.
- Place a bicycle in the lobby with a sign describing your company’s involvement and asking visitors and vendors to make a donation.
- Develop interoffice challenges to raise the most money.
- Make an individual donation to buy a bike for a child this Christmas.
- Have a themed party (St. Patrick’s Day, Kentucky Derby, New Year’s, Birthday, etc) and incorporate raising money for the Triangle Spokes Group into the theme or celebration. See how one group turned there Kentucky Derby Party into a Triangle Spokes Group fundraising event at Share Your Thoughts!
Those are just a few ideas to get you started. If you have other ideas then please feel free to share them with us. We appreciate your support!
All funds raised throughout the Triangle Spokes Group are tax deductible donations and remain in the Triangle Area. The Triangle Spokes Group contributes to the Salvation Army which is a 501(c) (3) organization.